Saturday, April 21, 2012

Living Intentionally...

This post is very much inspired by a post I just read from Passionate Homemaking.  As I read it, I was like, "yes!  This is what I want!"  I am so thankful God showed this to me because this is exactly where I want to go...into a life where each moment is spent intentionally so that I can take this time I am blessed with as a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, teacher, discipler, etc and use it to glorify God.

I want my life to exude Jesus'  love whether it be in my relationship with my family, friends or people I come in contact with. I have lost site of focusing on this very important way of living.  It will remind me to die to myself in order to really live.  I mean, I love Jesus and I love people but I also love to be liked, to be funny and I really love to constantly have something to do.

I do not think those things are bad but they can be.  I have let the things of this life stress me out.  I have let things creep in that seem so pretty and good but have gone sour on me.  As I sift through my life, in all the areas, I want the Spirit to fill those areas where I give him room (and push in the areas I have not).                          

It's all a fog right now.  I am just hearing God and obeying.  I think that's a good thing.  I'm excited to see where he takes me and wondering how difficult it will be.  What will I gain?  What will I loose during the process?

The areas I want to be more intentional with. (In no order of importance)
~Spending time with women during the week over coffee as they come to my home and all of the beautiful chaos that comes with it.
~Cleaning schedule and making that more of a priority.  I clean, but it's always random and there's no order.  That needs to change.
~Say "no" more.  Because I like to do things all the time, I do not say "no" to people enough nor do I say "no" to myself when I want to just get out.
~Spend more time in God's Word.  This has been happening more and more and I'm loving it.  God's saying so much and it's fun to listen.  It's also really fun to read to the kids.  They LOVE reading the bible together.
~Spend 3 evenings creating.  Probably through sewing clothes.  I love it, God has given me a desire and I need to use it!
~Spend time individually with my kids.  Reading more, intentionally cuddling, intentional conversations, drawing, playing make-believe.  And to do this daily.
~Spend more time focusing on how I can love my husband.  Daily.  Not just random things but intentionally things.  He'll love that.
~Journal.  I want to journal.
~Rest.  Take time for myself.  Weekly.  I NEED this.  I need this for myself, and I need this so I can be better to those in my life.  And, I really love it :)
~Working out...yeah. The day! ;)

Can you relate?  Share if you'd like!

No comments:

Post a Comment