Thursday, February 9, 2012

Breakfast Blessings...

I was overjoyed this morning with our time in God's word.  First of all, I was exhausted.  Momma bear snapped a few times due to getting to bed late and waking up to the foreign bird (Zeke) at 5 am let alone nursing 2 or 3 times.  A typical night for us and I am completely used to it.  Promise.  But either way, I'm not a morning person.

During my awake time, I prayed for stuff that life kinda just deals you and people I love as well.  Sometimes prayer can be exhausting at the same time it's literally the only thing you can do.  Exhuasting because you're pouring emotions and requests and praising out to God and it is beautiful and tiring and peaceful and the best medicine for a troubled and thankful soul.

I haven't really taken a hiatus from blogging.  I've blogged without posting.   As I blog about one thing, my heart and mind are thinking of the next thing.  I have a hard time blogging about one thing when my heart is passionate about another.  So, I hope to post those at a later date when my heart isn't going in a million different directions.

Back to God's word and what we read.  2 Thessalonians 1:1-12

1..."because your faith is growing more and more, and the love every one of you has for each other is increasing."  Paul, Silas and Timothy are talking to the church of Thessalonians.  We started a church this past summer called, Ember Church.  I couldn't help but wonder what these godly men would say to our church. 

Here's more.  4 "Therefore, among God's churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trails you are enduring."  Well, there are for sure trials.  This encouraged me that much more to have faith in what God is doing regardless of the other stuff going on.  And reading that there will be trails and persecution helps me because that's already been true.  Persevere!

6 "God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well."  Ahhh.  God is the God and we do not have to spend one minute worrying.  He's in control and will take care of us!  Such a relief!

10 "...on the day he (being Jesus) comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed.  This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you."  Thessalonians talks about Jesus' return a lot and it's been such a joy to get excited with my kids about Jesus coming back.  It's a great time to let them know that even if someone they know and love very well dies but they love Jesus, they can have hope that someday we will all be together in the glory of God in heaven!  

11"With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith.  12We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ."  I was able to remind the kids of our calling in Him.  To love and serve others, etc.  And that each of them will someday know a unique calling God has placed on their life and when they obey these things, they bring glory to God.  Bringing glory to God through what we say and do.

God's word is so fulfilling and soul quenching.  Oh, and convicting ;)

Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment