Thursday, February 23, 2012

Letting Jesus Rule In My Heart

Last night my hubby and I got into a good, in-depth spiritual conversation.  We talked about stuff going on in his heart and stuff going on in mine.  It actually started by us talking through his sermon and where he was going to go with the text for this weekend. Let me just say, I find it an honor to do this with him once in awhile. 

The stuff going on in my heart were fears in what next year would look like for our family and schooling.  I ended up listening as Andy started to get passionate about Jesus being the one who sits on the thrown.  I quickly realized, when I let fears dictate my decisions, I am letting Satan be the king and ew.  That's far from okay.  Satan, the enemy, is the king of lies and I do not want to give him room in my heart to work or guide my decisions.

When Jesus is king in all areas of my life, particularly when making scary decisions, I can trust the wisdom I have sought out through people, prayer and God's word will all guide me.  This never means things will go perfectly.  This also doesn't mean I'll be perfect in my decision making.  It does mean God's grace will be poured out when needed and when I fail.  I have to not only be okay with that, but accept it. 

How do you feel about the world today?  I quickly told Andy that I think it's all getting worse.  It's not getting better.  Where is the hope in that, though?  Why not trust in this...a quote I found from a blog post while searching for a verse.

" When God makes all things new, he will make us spiritually and morally as pure as flawless crystal, he will give us a body like the body of his glory, he will renovate all creation to take all futility and evil and pain out of it, and finally he himself will come to us and let us see his face. And so forever and ever we will live with pure hearts and glorious bodies on a new earth in the presence and the glory of our heavenly Father."


Revelation 21: 1-8
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband; and I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling of God is with men. He will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself will be with them; he will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain any more, for the former things have passed away." And he who sat upon the throne said, "Behold I make all things new." Also he said, "Write this, for these words are trustworthy and true." And he said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the fountain of the water of life without payment. He who conquers shall have this heritage, and I will be his God and he shall be my son. But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death."

This post is kind of all over the place.  That's okay :)  What areas of life are you not letting Jesus rule over?  All of them?  A few?  It's so much more hopeful and peaceful when I let Jesus rule all of my heart.  Forever working towards that until the day He calls me home.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment